Site / Project Engineer - Canberra
Over three decades, Hindmarsh Construction has completed many landmark buildings across Australia, with total project value exceeding $4.0 billion. We stand by our values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation and teamwork.
With a portfolio of many high profile and challenging projects, our work spans many different sectors including commercial and residential high-rise, industrial, sporting, health, government, retail, education and tourism.
We are currently seeking an experienced Site / Project Engineer as part of the site management team and reporting to the Project Manager. In this role you will assist the Project Manager and site team with the successful management and coordination of a project in Canberra ACT.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with Architects, Engineers and others in order to be fully briefed on project specifications and other technical matters
- Oversee and manage technical queries within the timeframe and requirements of the project;
- Liaise with Site Supervisors and facilitate the accurate tracking and management of inspection and test plans, hold points, samples, prototypes and submissions;
- Maintain and manage Request for Information and Document registers;
- Develop and manage Scope of Works for subcontracts;
- Attend, record and take minutes for meetings;
- Develop, maintain, distribute and communicate the drawing and specification registers;
- Keep and maintain a site diary;
- Understanding subcontract milestones and ensuring short and long term procurement aligns with the master program;
- Assist the Project Manager with the preparation of the monthly reports;
- Liaise with project personnel on construction details and provide drawing and technical documentation as required;
- Assist the Project Manager with the defects management processes.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience;
- Proven record of monitoring, managing and complying with the highest standards of WHS and Quality Assurance processes;
- Well-developed leadership and communications skills, with high commitment to customer service;
- Proven ability in coordinating and managing employees, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Excellent IT skills;
- You will be self motivated, resilient and enjoy working in a close team environment.
If you can see yourself in this role and you would like to work for a well established company, with high-growth potential and great market awareness, as well as contributing to the ongoing success of Hindmarsh, then please apply now.